Best Corded Electric Lawn Mower Reviews and Buying Guide
There’s no need to strain yourself when it comes to garden maintenance.
Today, there is an enormous range of tools and appliances to take all the sting out of grunt work in the yard.
Keeping that grass neatly trimmed means you’ll need to invest in a decent lawn mower.
We’ll look later at some corded electric lawn mower reviews so you can make the right choice.
First thing’s first, though…
Why go electric?
- 0.1 The Benefits of Corded Electric Lawn Mowers
- 0.2 How To Effectively Use a Corded Electric Mower
- 0.3 How To Pick The Best Corded Electric Lawn Mower
- 0.4 Pros and Cons of Electric Lawn Mowers
- 0.5 Pros
- 0.6 Cons
- 0.7 5 Best Corded Electric Lawn Mower Reviews
- 0.8 1) GreenWorks 25022 12 Amp Corded 20-Inch Lawn Mower
- 0.9 Pros
- 0.10 Cons
- 0.11 2 )Sun Joe MJ401E Mow Joe 14-Inch Electric Mower With Grass Bag
- 0.12 Pros
- 0.13 Cons
- 0.14 3) Black + Decker MM2000 13-Amp Corded Mower, 20"
- 0.15 Pros
- 0.16 Cons
- 0.17 4)Earthwise 50214 Side Discharge/Mulching Corded Electric Lawn Mower
- 0.18 Pros
- 0.19 Cons
- 0.20 5) WORX WG719 13 Amp Electric Lawn Mower
- 0.21 Pros
- 0.22 Cons
- 1 Wrap-Up
The Benefits of Corded Electric Lawn Mowers
Using an electric mower has a number of key benefits…
- Electric mowers are extremely lightweight and you can fold them up for storage. These units are compact so if you need to pop the mower in the car and take care of your parents’ lawn, away you go
- Starting up is as simple as pressing a button. There’s no cord you need to keep tugging on
- Electric mowers are completely fume-free
- Most electric mowers have plastic decks which will never rust
- There is almost no noise with an electric mower. Cut your grass without disturbing your neighbors
- Electric mowers are the most cost-effective cutting solution by far
- Multi-purpose models offer mulching and bagging alongside mowing
How To Effectively Use a Corded Electric Mower
Mowing your lawn is not rocket science but with a few simple pointers you can enjoy superior results.
Keep The Blades Sharp
Getting the very best out of your lawn mower means making sure the blades are sharp.
If you try to mow your lawn with blunt blades, you’ll regret failing to break out the metal file. You risk giving your grass a very patchy haircut.
Replacing blades is straightforward.
Call in professional help if you can’t attend to these tasks. However you achieve it, make absolutely certain that your blades are razor sharp.
Avoid Mowing Wet Grass
Mowing when the grass is wet is not a smart idea.
Although it’s critical to keep to a regular mowing routine, safety comes first. If you have no choice but to cut damp turf, try to use a cordless rather than your best corded electric mower.
If you must mow in the rain, you’ll find it harder going. The grass also tends to clog up on the blades.
Get The Right Cord For The Job
Using a corded electric mower in the garden generally means you’ll need an extension cord. This will give you the freedom to cut far larger areas without being tethered to a power outlet.
Take great care to check that the gauge of your extension cable is man enough for the current your mower kicks out. This is an issue of both safety and optimum functionality.
Also, it pays to stick to outdoor extension cords. Your best option is a GFCI outlet. These comes with jumbo reset buttons. In the event of anything going amiss, they will trip the circuit and prevent any nasty accidents.
Think About Cord Management Before Buying
Considering the size of your garden and where you will need to mow is not something to leave until after purchase. The last thing you want is to spend your hard-earned cash on a mower with a cord cut too close for comfort.
Take all obstacles into account. Think about how far the extension cable will stretch and if you will have enough scope to take care of all your cutting needs.
Be honest with yourself. If a manual or cordless electric mower would better suit your needs, don’t force yourself to go corded.
You should check the wheels of your mower every month or so.
Clean it regularly and avoid letting leaves or grass clippings accumulate. Little and often saves you plenty of effort down the line.
Blade maintenance is ongoing. Replace them as necessary. Buying replacement mower blades is not expensive and essential for best cutting results.
Check with the user’s manual. You can break out a hose with some models where others are not so keen on water!
How To Pick The Best Corded Electric Lawn Mower
While budget and length of warranty as well as the level of customer service all come into play, the issue of size is where you want to focus your research.
For most small, regular gardens, the best corded electric mower is the smartest option. You can keep your lawn in check while doing so in the most cost-effective manner.
Either corded or cordless mowers work well with medium-sized gardens to about 7000 square feet.
If you have a much larger area of 10000 square feet or more to deal with, a cordless offering at least 45 minutes of run-time is probably your best bet.
Anything over this size and a garden or lawn tractor makes sense.
Every mower will eject the grass clippings but how about mulching and bagging?
Mulch is simply grass clippings cut down into smaller pieces. If it’s left on the lawn, it can help with fertilizing. Mulching is handy way to sidestep needing to rake after mowing.
You can also bag the mulch. Either throw it in the compost or dispose of it in line with your local regulations.
Pros and Cons of Electric Lawn Mowers
- Save money in the long-term with no significant running costs
- No fuel filters to change
- Not dependent on fuel for power
- Quick and easy to start
- Cope well with even thick grass
- You won’t need to change the oil either
- The smaller cutting path means electric mowers can be slow
- An extension cord is generally essential
- You are limited to the area covered by the cord
You should now have a decent overview so it’s time for our corded electric mower reviews.
Time spent at this stage can prevent money wasted on an inappropriate mower for your situation.
5 Best Corded Electric Lawn Mower Reviews
BestRidingLawn Mower For Hills
Hopefully, these corded electric lawn mower reviews have come in handy.
Buying the best lawn mower for the job needn’t be overwhelming. Focus on your precise cutting requirements and budget then fire away and get cutting.
If you need any guidance on any aspect of gardening, you’re always more than welcome to get in contact. We respond promptly and we’re happy to help in any way we can.